Chile is a country located in extreme southwestern coast of South America. It was founded on September 18, 1810.
History [Founded on September 18, 1810] • Capital [Santiago] • Government [Santiago] • Currency [Chilean peso (CLP)] • Language [Spanish (official)] • Religion [Roman Catholic, Protestant] • Electricity [220V, 50Hz (type C & L plugs)] • Time Zone [UTC-4 (UTC-3 in summer) Easter Island: UTC-6 (UTC-5 in summer) ] • Country Code [+56] • Internet TLD [.cl] • Emergencies [Dial 133 for Police, 131 for Ambulance, 132 for Firefighters.]
Keep yourself insured
- Ensure you buy travel insurance before you come as admitting to local hospitals for tourists will be expensive.
Keep yourself safe
- Do not walk alone late at night.
- Avoid unlit areas.
- Do not leave your drink unattended.
- Do not carry a lot of valuables and cash.
- Avoid cash counting in public.
- Do not accept offer of rides from stranger.
Keep belongings safe
- Ensure your cars and accommodation are locked when leaving for other destinations.
- Do not leave your wallets, mobile phones, bags, backpacks, or cameras unattended in public places.
- Report lost or stolen possessions to local police stations. Get a report from them if you are claiming travel insurance.
Keeping safe with alcohol
- If you drink alcohol in designated ban area could lead to fine or being arrested.
- You can be fined for drinking alcohol on public transport, including taxis.
- If you drink, take cab back to your accommodation. Best if your friend can accompany.
Keeping your credit cards and identity safe
- Do not show your credit card number and PIN that will let people capture with a camera.
- Do not bring too many credit cards.
- Report lost or stolen credit cards immediately.